MANAGEMENT OF AUDIO-VISUAL AND NON-TEXTUAL ARCHIVES
Previously ARST 593A (3) Management of Audiovisual and Non-Textual Archives
MAS and Dual Students: completion of the MAS core courses
MLIS students: completion of the MLIS core courses, plus permission of the SLAIS Graduate Adviser
GOAL: Through this elective course students will be introduced to the theoretical and methodological knowledge necessary for the management of audiovisual and non-textual archives.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the context of creation, format, and use of audiovisual and non-textual materials.
- Demonstrate understanding of how archivists and other information professionals manage, preserve and provide access to audiovisual and non-textual materials in different environments.
- Discuss and demonstrate understanding of the course topics listed below:
- Performing Arts Archives;
- Museum Archives;
- Cartographic Materials: Maps;
- Sound Recordings;
- Moving Images;
- Film Archives;
- Graphic Materials: Photographs;
- Examples of Other Materials.