RECORDS AND INFORMATION GOVERNANCE
Cross-listed with ARST 560
MLIS and DUAL students: Completion of the MLIS core courses and LIBR 516
GOAL: To explore present-day theoretical, methodological, and practical issues concerning the management of current records.
- To provide an understanding of modern-day issues in the management of current records.
- To develop an appreciation for political and organizational issues inherent in the practical application of records management theories and principles.
- To consider the role of records management in the broader realm of organizational management and change.
- To examine the relationship between the management of records and the management and production of information and knowledge.
- To consider the changing role of records management in organizations, governments, and society.
- different sociopolitical and organizational contexts for current records management
- risk management and compliance in record keeping
- business process/systems analysis and restructuring
- developing a business case for records management
- the relationship between records management and information/knowledge management
- the role of records management for organizational accountability and transparency