The mini-conference and showcase which will take place on May 25, on the last day of UBC’s Blockchain Summer Institute (May 14-25), and just before a two-day Blockathon (Blockchain Hackathon for Social Good). The mini-conference features high profile international innovators and thought leaders, and a TALENT+INNOVATION showcase that will bring students who have been participating in the Blockchain Summer Institute together with local and international industry partners for networking around jobs and internship opportunities.
- Dr. Victoria Lemieux (Associate Professor at UBC iSchool and Blockchain@UBC cluster lead)
- Dr. Shin’Ichiro Matsuo (Professor of Research at Georgetown University, Advisor on Financial Cryptography to the Director of the MIT Media Lab, and a Research Follow at Keio University in Tokyo)
- Dr. Angela Walch (Associate Professor at St. Mary’s University School of Law)
- Michael Graglia (director of the Future of Property Rights initiative at New America)
- Bob Summerwill (Community leader for the Ethereum Project)
- Mark Bell (Digital Researcher at The UK National Archives)
The event is open to the public. To register or to see the program, visit the event page.